I’ve heard many times to “enjoy these days, because the baby grows so fast.” And I can see that it’s so true. Jarvis is no longer a newborn. He’s now a little person I can interact with. The past three months have been so enjoyable.
Here are a few updates:
- Weight: ~14lbs 3oz
- Length: 63cm (25in)
- Daytime sleep: Three 1-2 hour naps a day
- Nighttime sleep: 2-3 hours at a time
- Feeds: Breastfed and bottle-fed (expressed breast milk and formula — still about about 24-25oz/day)
- Personality: He loves to smile and laugh. He gets cranky when he’s hungry, tired or needs to burp. He also “converses” a lot. We have a lot conversations that involve him responding to me with coos and grunts. It’s quite entertaining.
- Milestones: Giggles, holds head up, rolled over from tummy to back (it only happened once so he might have just been lucky that time), drooling (teething??)
- Likes: Daddy’s rapping (watch here), mommy’s singing (The Wheels on the Bus), TV, the car seat mirror, the baby carrier, the crib mobile
- Dislikes: Tummy time and the swing (he much prefers to be propped up on the couch than to sit in the swing)
Here are my updates:
- Recovery: Sometimes I still feel a heavy pelvic pressure like my uterus is falling! I think it’s just weak pelvic floor muscles. Other than that, my recovery has been good and uneventful.
- Exercise: Lots of walks and the Babywearing Workout
- Diet: I purchased a bunch of Supperworks meals almost 2 months ago, and that provided some healthy and easy meals for a few weeks. Since then, however, my somewhat healthy diet has deteriorated. Now, it’s just all about quick, easy and tasty food, which means takeout, pasta, milk and cookies, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, etc.
- Sleep: For the most part, I get two-hour blocks of sleep between 12AM-8AM.
- Mood: Happy. I do have my moments when I feel exhausted and overwhelmed, but this past month has been really fun. Every time baby giggles or smiles (which is pretty often), my heart melts. Many times, I’m doing a middle-of-the-night diaper change; I’m tired and just want to get it over with and get back to bed. I put the baby down on the change table and he looks up at me with his big gummy smile. I love it. My heart skips a beat every time.
Happy 3 months, Jarvis!