Four more weeks until full term!
I’ve been counting down the weeks because I’ve been a bit nervous about baby lately. At my 29-week appointment, my fundal height was measuring unusually small at about 24 cm, which prompted my OB to send me for an ultrasound for further investigation. He did say that these measurements weren’t always accurate, hence the ultrasound. Regardless, of course I did some Googling — what if the baby wasn’t growing? What if she had some sort of disorder? What if I deliver prematurely due to complications? The answers weren’t always positive. All these worries for nothing though, because my ultrasound actually not only confirmed the baby wasn’t small but she’s in the 68th percentile. The baby’s head is down and everything is where it should be. So, we’re still on track!
- Total weight gain: 28lbs… and feeling very heavy. I’m still doing prenatal bootcamp but I’m getting slower each week. It’s becoming more difficult to keep active, but I’m trying! I even joined a few Fitbit challenges to help motivate me.
- Sleep: Still good. I’m mostly sleeping straight through the night and getting about 6-7 hrs
- Highlights: I sorted through and washed all the hand-me-down clothes I received for the baby. Going through all the cute girl clothes has been very exciting.
- Food cravings: Oatmeal (steel cut oats)
- Symptoms: Some sharp and strong kicks from the baby that stop me in my tracks
- Mood: I haven’t been in my usual grouchy mood. I think I’ve actually been pleasant this week :)
To compare, here’s my post at 34 weeks for my first pregnancy.